So, Django Con Europe just ended a couple of days ago and all the party people have been blowing up the Planet Django feed that I subscribe to and I wanted to make a list of the talks I want to watch when they hit the 3 dubs.
- From static to real-time: one app’s journey into the modern age - Interested because, when people at a Django conference have a talk about about node.js stealing some of Django’s thunder, and you don’t know much about node.js, it’s basically the most relevant way to learn about it.
- How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Python Packaging - I can’t claim to worry about how I package my Django applications, but I am almost sure that I can find some ways of making life easier on myself.
- Django and PyPy: Performant is a word
- 3 CMSes in 45 minutes
- One size fits all: responsive web design with Django, Compass, and the Less Framework - Interesting to me because I wrote different stylesheets for different devices once and never did it again because it was complicated.
- Continuous integration and continuous deployment
- unjoinify: a module to tame the SQL beast - Keep my hands off of even more sql?! Sure!
- Celery - An asynchronous task queue (not only) for Django
- Reusable Apps using “Eight Spaces” - One of the big themes of Django con Portland 2010 was problems with apps not being purely pluggable and almost always taking some additional customization to get them working in your stack.
- Core developers panel - Last year it seemed that most of the questions were related to different talks and kind of served as a medium for an official response, plus, I am interested in seeing what kind of input some of the new core devs have to give.
- The Impact of Django
- An iPhone-Python love affair: Building APIs for mobile
- The Best and Worst of Django Core
- Django on Rails: Getting Resourceful
- Deploying, At An Unusual Scale
- Taming runtime dynamic models in Django
- Scalability panel
- Whither Django?
And of course, if your Django tastes are different then mine, there is a full list up at http://djangocon.eu/schedule/